Sunday, March 22, 2009

BBQ'd Chicken on the Grilll versus Fried Chicken

Peter made chicken on the grill tonight. It was ok. A sign of spring. It just felt a little forced. Like the charcoal said, "It's still freakin' cold outside, so I will just give you a little charcoal flavor in the chicken". I don't mean to complain, but in the summer, it just tastes better! Next week we are going to have Fried Chicken. I am going to make it. I haven't decided yet if I am really going to fry it in the skillet, or if I am going to oven fry it. I have a really good recipe for fried chicken.
Like all my other recipes, it is in my head.

RECIPE
Chicken
Italian Dressing, enough to cover all the pieces of chicken. Drizzle the dressing over the chicken pieces and let marinate for 10 minutes or so. Turn over and let marinate a few minutes more.
Salt and Pepper the chicken pieces as part of the marination process.
Put about a cup or more of Instant Potato Flakes in a bowl and roll the chicken pieces in it to cover nicely.
In a skillet, add olive oil or butter to fry the chicken.
Fry it up. I would go 10 minutes on each side, unless the chicken is small or you have fewer pieces, and then go less time.

Serve with mashed potatoes, (Instant), or baked potatoes in the microwave.
Peas or green beans are good to round out this meal.

Yummmm.... I think this will be real good on Wednesday when we have the grandkids over!

KMGMOM

No comments:

Post a Comment